Over the course of training camp, CUBuffs.com will be helping you get to know the newest members of the
Thursday, August 14
Day 11 of Training Camp, Day Ten of Practices
Right now things are going alright, I’ve been here since July 13th and I’m just really trying to work hard. Picking up our defense is hard, but I’m just trying to pick up a little more all the time and take it all day-by-day and try to continue to improve. There are just so many schemes in our defense and so much that we need to know that it’s difficult but I feel better about it every day.
The linebacking unit here is really competitive; there is a lot of depth at the position so a lot of guys are competing for starting spots. I am working hard to try and earn the starting spot at my position, but it’s hard. Every play you have to be in the right spot and do the right things because if you mess up and the guys you are competing against do it right then you have to impress the coaches that much more next time. It definitely puts a little added pressure on you, but I like knowing that I have to compete for my playing time. I think the pressure on me is a little tougher because I’m a new guy so I have less experience in the defense. With all of that being said I think it is fun because or linebacking unit is going to be great this year.
Our goal is to win a championship, come and be a part of it Buff fans.
Now it’s time for 20 Questions...
1. What is your favorite thing about being a member of the
The linebacker tradition here
2. If you were on American Idol what song would you sing in the finals?
Superstar by Lupe Fiasco
3. What is your favorite all-time movie?
4. What are the top 5 songs, artists or CDs on your iPod
Tupac, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Eminem, AC/DC, T.I.
5. What do you like to do in your free time?
I love to go to the beach when I’m back home in
6. What coach would you most like to see on Dancing with the Stars?
Coach Brian Cabral (Associate Head Coach and Linebackers)
7. Why did you choose your current jersey number?
I chose the number 47 because that was my number in junior college.
8. One thing about you that most people would be most surprised to learn?
That I am really intense on the field but off the field I’m laid back and kind of quiet.
9. “Must See TV” for you would be?
10. Favorite non-football activity?
11. If you could go on a date with any celebrity who would it be?
I’d want to go on a date with Pamela Anderson
12. If you could be any super hero or have any super power what would you choose?
I’d want to have the powers from the movie Jumperóbeing able to transport myself to different places.
13. If you were stranded on a desert island what are three things you’d have to have?
Supermodels, food and TV
14. Place you would most like to travel to?
15. What do you like most about
The scenery here, it’s beautiful.
16. What expectations have you set for yourself this year?
I want to earn a starting spot and all-conference honors.
17. What nickname have you been given and why?
Everyone calls me Mauler; Because my name is Mohler (pronounced mole-er).
18. What is your craziest ambition in life (i.e. skydiving, swimming with sharks, etc.)?
I want to go swimming with sharks.
19. Nobody knows how much I like...
20. What is your favorite NFL team and who is your favorite NFL player?
My favorite team is the San Diego Chargers and my favorite player is (Chicago Bears linebacker) Brian Urlacher.
That’s all from me, thanks to all of you out there for reading my blog and I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little better. Go Buffs!