- Colorado dropped its first game at home this season making their record at CECC 9-1.
- Kansas State is 15-14 against CU in Big 12 play and won their fourth straight at the Events Center.
- K-State won their eighth straight over the Buffs.
- The Events Center welcomed 10,852 fans today, the 17th best at CECC and the highest attendance total since Jan. 15, 2005 when Colorado played Kansas in front of 11,057 (KU won 76-61).
- Buffs were called for season-high 19 first-half fouls (combined for both teams was 37).
- CUs 36 total fouls ties the record for most fouls made by one team at the Events Center (Northwestern State, Dec. 30, 1996). CU and K-State contributed 68 combined fouls marking a CECC record (previous 63 vs. New Mexico State, Dec. 6, 1980 [CU 32, NMSU 31].
- CU has started the same lineup during all three Big-12 games this season. (Shane Harris-Tunks started his third start).
- Alec Burks recorded 14 points and 6 rebounds. He remains the only true freshman in the country to score double figures in every game this season (17 games).
- Burks 14 points moves him into the ninth position on Colorado's top freshmen list with 279 total points this season.
- Cory Higgins recorded a season-high 30 points making this his third 30-plus scoring effort as a Buffalo. The 30 points scored was a CU high this season.
- Higgins also netted a career-high12 field goals made.
- The 30 points gives him 1,125 career points tying Burdette Haldorson for 20th all-time at CU. Next on the list is Jamahl Mosley (1997-2001, 1,171).
- Today marks the tenth time in 17 games Higgins has led the Buffs in scoring (once shared).
- Marcus Relphorde scored 18 points, his second highest this season (career high is 24 at Texas).
- Nate Tomlinson handed out six assists. Ninth time leading CU this season and sixth time with six or more
- The 40 free throw attempts by CU tied a season high (40 vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff).
- CU shot 53.2 percent from the field. They drop to 8-3 this season when shooting 50 percent or better.
Colorado, Kansas State Notes
Release: January 16, 2010