To develop a culture of leadership in which CU student-athletes act with personal responsibility, integrity and conviction while committed to the greater good in both principle and action.
Our program will be creative, student centered and educationally based, targeting all student-athletes. Through a culture of positive leadership, all student-athletes will inherently contribute to excellence in their academic work, in their athletic pursuits and in their personal lives
Through the Leadership Development Program, all student-athletes will:
- Take personal ownership; understanding that one cannot lead others unless they first find their own voice.
- Exhibit a commitment to the core values to oneself, team, department, the university and the community as a whole
- Understand that leadership can be learned, experienced and improved.
- Understand and practice basic leadership principles and skills.
Download the following documents for more information:
- LDP Brochure
- CU Athletics Leadership Development Program Overview
- LDP Rationale
- Stampeding Into the Future: Career Development
- Buffalo Vision: Psychological Health
LDP In Action
- Men's Basketball Team Visits Children's Hospital
- Buffaloes Benefit From Janssen Sports Leadership Academy
- CU Student-Athletes Garner Pac-12 Sportsmanship Award
- Men's Basketball Hosts EXPAND Program
- Buffs, Campus LEaders Come Together For One-on-One Event
- Buffs Football Turns Efforts To Community During Off Season
Dave Callan, Director, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 303-492-6591