Welcome to the University of Colorado Intercollegiate Athletics Program. Prior to intercollegiate athletics practice and competition all student-athletes must undergo a pre-participation physical through the Athletics Department Sport Medicine Program. This physical is conducted by team physicians. To expedite the process we encourage you to download and complete the required orthopedic, general medical questionnaires and waiver forms prior to your arrival on campus. You have the option to mail the forms to the Sports Medicine Program before you arrive or bring them with you to your initial athletics pre-participation physical.
Mail completed orthopedic and medical questionnaires and waiver forms to:
CU Sports Medicine Program
368 UCB, Boulder, CO 80309-0368
- Incoming Athlete Medical History Questionnaire
- Returning Athletes Medical History Questionnaire
- Waiver Forms for both Incoming and Returning Athletes
- Consent for Treatment Form
- Release and Indemnification Agreement Form
- Shared Responsibility for Sport Safety Form
- Dietary Supplement Disclosure and Review Form
- Authorization for the Release of Medical Information Form
- Apothecary Shop Prescription Release and Storage Form
- ADHD Medical Exceptions Form
- Concussion Disclosure
Incoming cheer team, dance team, and practice players must complete an outside physical exam from an independent physician. Please use the below form (Incoming Physical Exam Form) to do so. Have your outside physical exam and medical history form completed when you report.
- Incoming Physical Exam Form
- Incoming Lab Form
- Incoming Medical History Form
- Returning Medical History Form
- Waiver Forms for both Incoming and Returning
The following information is separate from the Athletic Department
All new CU students must complete and return the university’s required immunization forms. These forms are mailed by Wardenburg Health Center along with information about the university’s student health insurance plan. Wardenburg requests that you complete and return these forms at your earliest convenience. For more information please visit:
ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT HEALTH INSURANCE FORMS
Sports Medicine sends out a health insurance information packet every year to each athlete’s home address. This packet includes required forms and SHOULD NOT be confused with the Wardenburg Health Center forms. If you have not received a packet please contact your staff athletic trainer. Athletes will not be permitted to participate in their sport until all required forms have been received by the Sports Medicine Program.
REMINDER: The Wardenburg forms (Immunizations and Health Insurance) for athletes are separate from the Athletics Department forms and must be returned to Wardenburg Health Center.