U.S. AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo.- The University of Colorado track and field team throwers traveled down to Colorado Springs to the Air Force Relays on Saturday.
Alex Kizirian threw two personal best marks, in the shot put and hammer throw. In the shot put, Kizirian threw a mark of 50-09.25 placing third overall in the event. Kizirian placed first overall in the hammer throw reaching a length of 196-11 beating his previous best mark of 189-03. Alex also placed eighth in the discus throw with a mark of 149-01 behind his teammate Brady Rutt who placed third with a throw of 162-02.
Rutt along with teammates Cameron Hutchins and Niklas Cederstrom also placed well in the hammer throw. Hutchins placing eighth with a mark of 161-00, Cederstrom was right behind him, placing ninth with a mark of 157-07 and Rutt placed 12th with a mark of 152-05.
Mark Jones placed third overall in the men’s high jump by clearing a height of 6-06.75.
In the women’s shot put, Margaux Krahe placed sixth overall with a mark of 37-02.25 and teammate Kajsa Bank placed ninth with a mark of 34-10.50. This mark for Bank gives her a personal best throw, beating her old mark of 34-01.25.
In the hammer throw, Kellie Lind placed sixth with a throw of 144-03, with Kajsa Bank right behind her placing seventh with a mark of 132-01. Kirsten Wicks also threw a mark of 128-04 to finish 11th overall.
In the javelin, Wicks placed eighth with a mark of 99-11, Krahe was 12th with a mark of 95-09 and Jessica McLaughlin placed 15th with a mark of 84-02.
In Palo Alto, Calif., at the Stanford Invitational, Elizabeth Tremblay placed 15th overall in the women’s 800-meter run with a time of 2:08.33 on Saturday.
The next meet for CU track and field is next weekend as the Buffs will host the CU Invitational at Potts Field in Boulder.
Women Shot Put
(1. Paige Blackburn, Air Force, 45-09.25); 6. Margaux Krahe, 37-02.25; 9. Kajsa Bank, 34-10.50
Women Hammer Throw
(1. Loree Smith, NYAC, 206-05); 6. Kellie Lind, 144-03; 7. Kajsa Bank, 132-01; Kirsten Wicks, 128-04
Women Javelin Throw
(1. Nikki Freeman, Air Force, 138-11); 8. Kirsten Wicks, 99-11; 12. Margaux Krahe, 95-09; 15. Jessica McLaughlin, 84-02
Men High Jump
(1. Kobi Rex, Air Force, 6-11); 3. Mark Jones, 6-06.75
Men Shot Put
(1. James Cole, Air Forc, 53-07.00); 3. Alex Kizirian, 50-09.25
Men Discuss Throw
(1. Casey Malone, Nike, 193-07); 3. Brady Rutt, 162-02; 8. Alex Kizirian, 149-01
Men Hammer Throw
1. Alex Kizirian, 196-11; 8. Cameron Hutchins, 161-00; 9. Niklas Cedstrom, 157-07; 12. Brady Rutt, 152-05
Men Javelin Throw
(1. Tim Urista, Air Force, 216-11); 9. Cameron Hutchins, 114-06