Folsom Field Policies and Information
|The University of Colorado Athletic Department wants all fans to have a safe and enjoyable experience while taking in a football game at Folsom Field. The following policies and regulations are designed to be practical, functional, and to allow for the safety of our fans, student athletes and event staff. Our objective is to provide the best possible service and gameday experience for all fans and guests of the Colorado Buffaloes. Click here for a history of Folsom Field!!!||Phone Numbers
PA Announcements, BuffVision
Ralphie's Green Stampede
Stadium Seat Backs
Alcohol is not permitted in Folsom Field. Individuals in possession of alcoholic beverages will be removed from the stadium. Inebriated individuals will be denied admission to the stadium. Such ejections are not grounds for refunds.
The University of Colorado is committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable sports & entertainment experience. The University of Colorado recognizes intercollegiate athletics as an important part of the student and alumni experience. We as fans should credit student athletes for their commitment to academic and athletic excellence and their efforts to compete within the rules of each sport. We also need to promote the Pac-12 Conference by upholding high standards of scholarship, competitive performance and spectator behavior.
The University of Colorado welcomes you as our guest to Folsom Field, you as college football fans have a right to expect an environment where:
- Student-Athletes, coaches, and team personnel will respect and appreciate each and every fan.
- Guests will be treated in a consistent, professional and courteous manner by all stadium and team personnel.
- Guests will enjoy the football experience free from disruptive behavior, including foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.
- Intervention with an impaired and intoxicated guest will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
- Guests will sit only in their ticketed seats and show their tickets when requested.
- Guests will not engage in fighting, throwing of objects or attempting to enter the field, and those who engage in any of these actions will immediately be jected from the game.
- Guests will comply with requests from stadium staff regarding stadium operations and emergency response procedures.
The stadium staff has been trained to intervene where necessary to help ensure that the above expectations are met. Guests are encouraged to report any inappropriate behavior to the nearest usher, security guard or guest services staff member. Guests who choose not to adhere to these provisions will be subject to immediate ejection without refund and revocation of season tickets and may also be in violation of State Statutes or Municipal Ordinances resulting in possible arrest and prosecution. The University of Colorado thanks you for adhering to the provisions of the University of Colorado Fan Code of Conduct.
Concessions areas are located in Balch Fieldhouse, on the Southwest plaza, and the East concourse. Concession stands are open beginning one and a half hours prior to kickoff until ten minutes left in the fourth quarter.
Due to the lack of proximity parking for elderly/disabled patrons and problems with congestion caused by pedestrian traffic. The University of Colorado supplies a shuttle from lot 205 (Euclid Auto Park) at no additional cost. The shuttle picks up at the auto park and drops off in front of the stadium outside gates one and six. The shuttle runs continuously throughout the game. Euclid Auto Park is open to the public for a nominal fee on a firstcome, first-serve basis.
In case of medical emergencies this number can be used to reach our patrons attending the game. To expedite the process of locating a patron, please provide as much information as possible, including the seat location. (section, row, and seat number)
Emergency medical treatment is available in the Duane Physics building directly across Colorado Avenue from the south end of the stadium. There are also first aid teams roaming throughout the stadium area. In case of emergency please contact an usher or police officer.
Gates open 90 minutes prior to kick off. We recommend you arrive at the stadium at least one hour prior to kick off to ensure that you have time to get through security screening and that you're in your seat in time to watch the Buffs being lead on to the field by Ralphie! Prior to entering the stadium gates, all patrons are subject to security screening, which may include electronic wanding, pat-downs, & inspection of bags or other personal items. Also be sure to check out our list of Permitted and Prohibited items.
All items found during and after the game will be held in the main ticket booth at the southeast corner of the stadium for one hour after the end of the game. On the first business day following the game, all items of value will be given to the CU Police Department (303-492-6666); lost keys will be turned in to CU Access Services (303-492-6601). All other articles will be transferred to the Athletic Ticket Office between stadium gates 4 and 5. Call 303-492-8337 weekdays from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
Novelty stands are located inside Balch Fieldhouse, on the west plaza and on the east concourse. Stands are open one and a half hours before the game and a half hour following the game.
The parking lots on campus close to the stadium are reserved for donors to the Buff Club and are controlled by the Athletic Department. Contact the Buff Club at 303-541-1300 for information on donor parking. A donor parking map is available here. Public parking areas are also available on campus. These areas are controlled by University Parking Services. There is a per game charge for these lots. Parking is on a first come first served basis. Please call 303-492-7384 or visit the University of Colorado Football Parking page for information on public lots. Any illegally parked cars will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Non-alcoholic beverages in approved factory-sealed plastic containers only (one per ticket holder).
- Non-disposable water bottles, sport bottles, Nalgene-type bottles or other approved types of beverage containers that are not factory sealed must be emptied prior to entering the stadium. All containers must be less than two liters in size.
- Soft-sided coolers, bags, or backpacks smaller than 12”X12”X12”
- Modest amounts of food for personal consumption (fruits & vegetables must be sliced)
- Small personal cameras
- Strollers (small folding umbrella style only – must fit under your designated seat location)
- Blankets, seat cushions/soft-sided seat backs, and stadium seats under 18” wide.
- All personal possessions must fit under you designated seat location.
Folsom Field complies with all TSA and Homeland Security prohibited items lists. In addition, prohibited items include:
- Non-factory sealed beverages or filled liquid containers including all thermoses.
- Hard-sided coolers of any size or style
- Bags or containers larger than 12”X12”X12”
- Alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs (including medical marijuana)
- Glass bottles or cans
- Umbrellas of any size
- Firearms or weapons of any type (including handguns carried in accordance w/ the Colorado Conceal & Carry Act).
- Designated artificial noise makers such as whistles or air horns
- Laser pointers
- Signs or flags on sticks (regardless of length)
- Any unapproved signs or banners
- Professional grade video or camera equipment (e.g. telephoto lenses), tripods, or monopods.
- Footballs, Frisbees, inflatable balls
- Skateboards or skates
- Animals (with the exception of service animals)
Any other item(s) deemed dangerous or unacceptable by security.
|Athletic Ticket Office||303-492-8337|
Any request for announcements or messages to be presented on the day of the game shall be entertained only from University organizations. Such request must be made to the Marketing and Promotions office (303-492-4356) at least one week prior to the game.
No public address announcements for personal messages (birthdays, anniversary, etc...), charitable organizations, political requests will be accepted
Consideration will be given to other CU Departments but due to limited space the final determination will be made by the Associate Athletic Director and/or Director of Marketing.
All Sponsored features shown during the game must be tied into the University of Colorado. The features will be agreed upon by the following groups: Sponsor, Buffalo Sports Properties, Marketing and BuffVision.
No pre-produced sponsored commercial or taglines will be aired anytime during a CU Football game.
Telephones are located at gates 2 and 5. Phones are also available in Balch Fieldhouse and at he south end of the Ticket Booth.
In an aggressive effort to recycle, eliminate waste and cut even more carbon emissions, CU introduced “Ralphie’s Green Stampede” a zero-waste and carbon-reduction program at Folsom Field in 2008. The goal is to move toward zero-waste at Folsom Field during the football season and invest in local carbon-reduction projects to match energy used to power the stadium, for team travel and other football-related energy use. CU anticipates recycling or composting at least 90 percent of the waste generated at Folsom Field this year.
According to U.S. Environmental Protection Agency information and other sources, Folsom Field will become the first major sports stadium in the nation, professional or collegiate, to collect all materials in recycling or compost containers, eliminate trash cans and transform its materials collections systems into a zero-waste process.
As part of the zero-waste effort, food service contractor Centerplate Inc. will convert nearly all food and beverage containers in Folsom to recyclable or compostable materials. Materials that can’t be converted this year, such as candy wrappers, will be separated from recyclable and compostable waste. Additionally, to encourage people to ride bikes to the stadium, a special valet bike parking and storage facility will be available on Franklin Field.
Women’s restrooms are located in Balch Fieldhouse, gates 2, 7, 8 and 12, as well as the east concourse.
Men’s restrooms are located in Balch Fieldhouse, gates 6, 7, 8, 10, and 11, as well as the east concourse.
Family restrooms are available on the east concourse opposite gate 9.
The hanging or draping of signs, banners, or flags on any part of the stadium is prohibited. Hand-held signs, banners or flags that obstruct, endanger, or are offensive to other patrons will be confiscated.
CU-Boulder is a smoke free campus, however there are designated smoking areas outside of gates 1 and 13 of the stadium. Click here for a map of smoking areas.
In all sections, seat 1 is to the left when facing the field. The top row of sections 101 to 122 is row 50. The upper deck begins at row 51 and goes up to row 70 in sections 203 to 213 and to row 83 in sections 214 to 220. Sections 1, 2, and 3 are located on the north end in front of the Dal Ward Building. The top row in these sections is row 27.
Portable stadium seats are allowed as long as they do not overhang the bleacher or infringe on the seat space of those around you. Rental stadium seats are available near gate 7 and in front of Balch Fieldhouse. These may be rented for the season. Call 303-492-8337 or make your reservation online by clicking here.
Click here for the University of Colorado Athletic Ticket Office information page. Here are some of the most frequently requested items:
- Ticket Booth Gameday Hours – The Ticket Booth will be open on game days FOUR hours prior to kickoff to handle ticket sales, will call, and any ticket problems. The Ticket Booth is located at the Southeast corner of the stadium.
- Will Call – The Will Call windows are located at the Ticket Booth window at the southeast corner of the stadium. Windows will open FOUR hours prior to kickoff. Will Call remains open until the end of halftime.
- CU Player Guest Pass Gate – Guests of Colorado players must check in at Gate 14, northeast of the stadium (next to the Dal Ward Athletic Center), beginning one and one-half hours prior to kickoff. The Player Pass Gate will remain open until the end of Halftime. A valid photo ID is required for all player guests except small children.
- Visiting Team Will Call and Player Pass Gate – Visiting team will call and player pass gate is located in the lobby of the Duane Physics tower directly across Colorado Avenue from the south end of the stadium. Visiting team will call and player pass gate are open beginning one and a half hours prior to kickoff until the end of the first quarter. All guests except small children must have valid ID.
- Re-ENTRY is permitted at all gates by scanning out your ticket upon exit and then re-scanning in with your ticket upon re-entry. You are able to scan out for re-entry up until the beginning of the 3rd quarter. You are able to re-enter the stadium by scanning back in up until the beginning of the 4th quarter.
- All persons MUST have a ticket for admission into the stadium. Children age 2 and under will be admitted for free.
- The holder of a ticket is restricted to seating in the location that appears on the ticket.
- All ticket sales are final.
- Lost, stolen, or destroyed tickets are not replaceable.
- Game times and dates are subject to change without notice. Such changes are not grounds for refunds or exchanges.
- The University of Colorado reserves the right to revoke the license granted by a ticket by refunding purchase price.
- Holders of tickets to University of Colorado athletic events agree to abide by Athletic Department and University policy, as well as local State and Federal laws.
Limited wheelchair seating is available. Please call the Ticket Office at 303-492-8337 well in advance of the game to check on availability.